The subscription service Activision has started with the launch of Modern Warfare 3 will be going free with the release of Black Ops II.
Call of Duty Elite is Activision’s paid service that gave players a number of benefits as well as all of the downloadable content released in Modern Warfare 3′s life. The service cost players $49.99, but Activision is changing that up with the release of Black Ops II. The service will be available free to all Call of Duty players.
Call of Duty Elite will allow the following benefits when it relaunches at its new price.
- Player HQ: Track Black Ops II stats including recent match data, heat maps, challenge tracking and the ability to modify classes using the Pick 10 system
- Clan HQ: Join or create clans to participate in competitions
- Zombies Leaderboards: Track your Zombie stats and compare to other players
- Call of Duty Elite TV: Developer tips, strategy videos, custom class overviews and more
- Social Integration: Notification system to stay updated on Black Ops II news, communicate with your clan and more
In addition, the map packs to be released for Black Ops II (four drops which will include multiplayer content as well as Zombies content) can be purchased individually or through season pass for $49.99. Stay tuned to iGo Gaming for more news in regards to the next entry in the critically acclaimed Call of Duty series.